
One month of beard-wearing is complete.
After boldly making a decision on December 6, 2008, I rang in the new year by continuing to grow my beard.
In switching from 2008 to 2009, I had my government-employed brother say I look like a terrorist, several attractive girls say they love it, my students complimented me to no end and two teachers I have literally seen every day since September not recognize me on the first meeting back.
Notable quotes: "Niiiice, Mr. May!"
"This [points to massive scruff on face] is really workin' for you..."
"I cannot believe how much this has positively changed your outlook on life. Your new-found appearance brims with confidence and I see how versatile your look. You truly have an enormous amount of inner and outer beauty."
To be honest, I made that last one up. But for the time being, I'll relish the compliments and bask in the glory of my furriness.
No comments:
Post a Comment